3.09.2013

5th Grade Voyage

Once again it was a joy to be a part of such a grand adventure.  I know by now you've heard many wonderful stories about 5th Winter Voyage, which was a huge success.  All kids persevered extreme cold, little sleep, new personalities and being away from home. They each displayed a tremendous amount of courage, helpfulness and empathy.  For myself, and I believe I can speak for the chaperons as well, we were, and are, very proud of all the kids.  KSS staff shared a lot of positive comments about the courage, creativity and determination they witnessed in our crew.  

The trip wouldn't have been such a success without the help of our three crew chaperons; Lisa, E. Brian B and Grant C.  Thank you each for your dedication and support.  

Take a look at a few of the photos posted below.  I'll post more later. 

Snowshoeing up above KSS camp 










Avalanche/Snow Class








X-Country Skiing







Avalanche Terrain, Pitch and Snow Crystal formation 




Games, Sledding and more X-Country Skiing









 KSS with it's own Observatory